Splash is a 2 week Missions Trip that gives youth an opportunity to develop their gifts and learn more about servant leadership in a team environment. The team will be mentored in leading Fun Camps at FGCC for the first week in Saskatoon and also have teaching times on things like prayer, spiritual gifts, living in community and our identity in Christ. Then the team is sent out to the community of Blaine Lake to lead the Fun Camps program in a rural church setting. They will learn more about living in community as they camp together, do service projects for the town and have fun while doing it!! Applications due April 6- filled out on line.
As we look at I Peter 2:9 we read that we are “called out to declare praise” and to make God known among the nations. One way we are doing that is by adopting a Bible Translation project among the Parakana speakers in Brazil. With a gift of $30 a verse of scripture will be translated into this language spoken by only 1350 people in the Amazon Basin of Brazil. As they receive the scriptures they will understand more of God’s love and grace in their lives. To learn more about the people and translation work see PROJECT Profile-Parakana and Parakana 2013 09 September
Families and individuals of all ages can contribute to this Bible Translation project through the Seed Company to see several books of the Bible ( 1,2 Timothy, Titus, Thessalonians, Acts ) translated for the Parakana language group.
The result of your giving is a clear and accurate translation of the Bible. This is accomplished through a rigorous six-step process in every language:
- Produce a first draft of Scripture portion after careful analysis of what the passage says.
- Perform a team check of the first draft to make sure it is clear and accurate.
- Test the new draft within the community to make sure it sounds natural and clearly communicates its intent.
- Check the quality of the draft by making a literal ‘back translation’ of the draft into English or another major language.
- Have professional translation consultants check the translation for faithfulness to the original languages.
- A final careful proofread of the translation prior to publication.
- Parakanã 2013 05 May
With this cold weather outside it is time to think about summer!! We are sending out 2 teams from FGCC this July. SOAR Panama June 30-July 20 and Splash Youth team July 5-20. Pray and ask God how He may be leading you to be a part of these teams as GOERS or SENDERs!
To see more info go to the STM Opportunities link at the top of this page.
Soar-Panama-Application-2014 due March 13.